Saturday, December 18, 2010

JENNY & JOHNNY-- 'I'M HAVING FUN NOW' (2010)


I'm Having Fun Now is the debut album of the duo simply titled Jenny and Johnny.  Jenny Lewis, from Rilo Kiley, and musician Jonathon Rice made a record together after collaberating for years. Most of the songs on the album are upbeat and happy, with Jenny and Johnny usually singing harmonies together.  I think their voices sound really sweet together and they did a great job, considering it is their first album as a pair.  Although the album is not my absolute favorite, I still recommend checking it out.  The album title is definitley fitting-- I guarantee you will feel happy and have fun if you listen to this album.
TRACKLIST
Scissor Runner*
My Pet Snakes
Switchblade*
Big Wave
While Men Are Dreaming*
Animal*
Just Like Zeus
New Yorker Cartoon
Straight Edge of the Blade*
Slavedriver
Committed
*= My favorites

1 comment: